|Semester||Spring Semester, 2021|
|Department||Dept. of English Course Schedule for Minor Students|
|Course Name||English Oral Training|
|Instructor||LIN WAN YU|
|Prerequisite||English Oral Training、Oral Presentation and Interaction、Public Speaking|
Weeks 1~5 Fun with speaking
1) warm-up and welcome back
2) reading & speaking (1)
3) reading & speaking (2)
4) preparation for wk5 talk
5) giving a talk (persuasion)
Weeks 6~12 Verbal advantage
1) feedback and review
2) reading & speaking (3)
3) reading & speaking (4)
4) mid-term week
5) preparation for a round-table conference
6) skills and strategies: finding a voice
7) examples and models
Weeks 13~18 Round-table conference
1) reading & speaking (5)
2) preparation and caliberation
4) summer party (after the conference)
5) wrap up and review
6) final exam week
*The Reading & Speaking articles are mostly from magazines, such as the Economists, the Atlantic, and so on, and are as up-to-date as possible to current concerns.
Overall evaluation: Students are given a grade not according to whether they have a good command of English, but according to their learning attitude, whether or not they try, and class participation. Learning attitude, as well as performance in class, is consistently evaluated throughout the term.
1. Attendance is mandatory.
2. Homework must be handed in on time. Late submission will be corrected but not graded.
3. Grading is as follows: participation and discussion (60%); mid-term (20%); roundable presentation (20%)
|Textbook & Reference|
To be added
|Urls about Course|